The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and compliance with financial reporting standards.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensure that transactions in accounts payable and receivable are being processed in a timely manner, ensuring that all reasonable discounts are taken
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filling system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual reports
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Provide a system for management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
The controller should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 5–7 years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. It is also desirable for he/she to have a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation.
This is an Exempt Salaried position.
Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries, as well as to potential acquirees to conduct due diligence. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Essential Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in E-Verify.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
• Paso Robles, CA 93446
Hours: M-F, 8AM-5PM
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.